Mega Rocks Soapstone Whiskey Stones
Let metamorphic rock chill your whiskey to the perfect sipping temperature – using science!
Whiskey is best appreciated at 50-60ºF. At room temperature, your tastebuds are overrun by the flavor of alcohol, and over ice, the nuanced flavors are lost in the cold and then get watered down as you sip.
So what's the solution? Whiskey Stones!
Soapstone makes excellent whiskey stones because it has a specific heat of .98 J/gK (enough to cool your drink), and a density of 2.956 g/cm3 (so it won't absorb your drink or any foreign flavors). These extra large Mega Rocks are perfectly sized to fit in a lowball glass.
Just freeze them like ice cubes, put one in your glass, pour whiskey over, and enjoy the perfect sip.
Why Whiskey Stones?
- They cool your drink to the perfect temperature so you can enjoy all the nuanced flavors.
- They won't dilute your drink.
- They won't absorb any of your precious whiskey (or gross freezer flavor).
- They look awesome in your glass.
- They give you a great reason to talk about specific heat, different kinds of rocks, or why you love geology.
Set of two 1.6 inch (4 cm) stones in a kraft box
Care: Dishwasher safe
- Wash the stones in warm water and dry completely.
- Return stones to the box and place in freezer for at least 4 hours.
- Place a stone in your favorite lowball whiskey glass.
- Pour your drink over the stones and wait 5 minutes.
- Enjoy sipping your drink without worrying about dilution!