Who we are
Cognitive Surplus is the premier source for science and math-based gifts and lifestyle goods. We celebrate the intersection of science and design by making scientifically accurate, well designed products. We produce products both in-house and overseas, and we are committed to sustainability in all our actions - from the carbon footprint we leave to the materials we use to the employees we hire.
We are strengthened by the diversity of our colleagues. We welcome applications from people of all cultures, backgrounds, and experiences, and are committed to providing reasonable accommodations so that colleagues with disabilities are able to fulfill the essential functions of the job.
Jobs are open until filled. Please scroll down to view all available positions.
Screen Printer & Studio Assistant
St. Johns Portland, OR • Full Time
$12-$14/hr negotiable based on experience
We are a small, diverse group and will need someone flexible and reliable to join our team.
- Experience working with water-based textile inks on manual presses.
- Experience setting up multicolor jobs.
- Ability to print garments quickly and efficiently.
- MacGyver-like problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- A desire to work in a fast-paced environment on science-based screen printing projects.
- Your own creative ideas, and the willingness to combine them with our vision.
- Hustle, humility, drive
- Work in-house in our studio in St Johns.
- Prep & clean screens, set up print runs, keep the studio space cleen
- Print single and multi-color jobs using water-based ink on a manual press.
- Various studio and warehouse tasks as needed including assisting with pulling and packing orders.
- Do great work and be great to work with.